Saturday, November 04, 2006

Would you be a Single Mother on Purpose?

If you were 40 and childless (and single), would you consider having a child on your own or adopting alone?
---
If I wanted children, I would go ahead and try to have one. If not, I would consider adopting. My philosophy is this--at age 47 if God wanted me to be a mom, he would have punished long, long ago!!!
---
Hmmm being 26 with 3 boys i'd probably not consider it even with a partner!!!
---
...Follow your heart....
---
Children are not easy to raise even with a partner. They will disappoint you many times. But if raised right, they will be there for you if you need them. I had 4 with my husband of over 50 years. I can enjoy my grandchildren as they go home at night!!
Oklahoma
---
You need to ask yourself, in 10 years from now what will you regret most; having a child or not having a child?
---
I personally wouldn't want to do either, but I am crazy and I don't want to pass the insanity down. If I wasn't nuts and I was 40 and single and had the burning urge to take a squirmy, crying thing and love it and help it turn into a decent human being, I'd absolutely consider having a kid or adopting on my own. Raising a kid alone is harder, but by the time you're 40 you're probably in a position to make it a lot easier.
---
I am 62 and had 3 daughters but if I was in your position I would have a child on my own. I am divorced now and was on my own with the kids for a while although my ex was very supportive and a great dad. Go ahead - you would always regret it if you don't. I don't think you would ever regret it .
JJ = NZ


Found by Sera

No comments: