Saturday, November 04, 2006

Army Brat

Any airforce/army brats out there? In the US, that's what we call kids who's parents were in the military. Our family lived in the Philippines as a kid (one of many places).

Some of us end up being nomads because we moved so much and are used to that. I'm definitely a traveller. Anyone else can't stay in one place too long?
---
I'd like to move somewhere else if my husband was willing to move.
---
why are the service kids called brats? One thing is for sure they are not spoiled for all the stuff bought for them, military people are paid very poorly, so poor some have to have help with food stamps that is a disgrace
---
Brats is a term I hate too. I am the daughter of a serviceman and my ex hubby was also in the Army. Made lots of wonderful friends in the services and saw places I would never have been able to visit otherwise.
---
Sorry no army brat here, just a Jersey girl thru and thru. 10/11/06
---
Ok, I've got it back again.
The term "brat" never bothered me...no idea why they use that terminology, but anyway, did anyone else move around a lot as a child? If so, did it make you kind of a nomad? Or conversely, who has never travelled more than 100 miles from home?
---
I've travelled more than 100 miles from home, but never lived 100 miles from here!!
Would love to live near the sea though.............


Found by Sera

No comments: