Sunday, October 01, 2006

Confessions of the Soul

I had an affair with a married man, once. I didn't feel bad about it at the time, but I do now. I'm sorry for the damage I did to his marriage. I'm sorry that I pulled hiom away from his committment, even temporarily. I'm sorry for the time I wasted. So, I guess I just wanted someone to know how sorry I am.
---
I can't say that it was ok, but I also don't think that you should beat yourself up too much about it. After all, you weren't the only partner in the affair-- he bears a measure of responsibility for the damage as well. I hope that you can find healing and peace somewhere. Good luck.
09/25/06
---
I second what the person above me said. After all the man was the one who was married and had to decide if he could bear with cheating on his wife.

The only thing you should feel bad about is the time you wasted, as you said yourself. There was never a chance to really get together with him, and maybe you missed out on a great time with another guy who you maybe would've had married by now.

I for myself would never start an affair with a married man, as I could not bear to play the second role in his life all the time, and to lie to everybody about my relationship with him. It's nice for him to have two women at the same time, but I would feel used when he doesn't even want to commit to me and wants to stay with his wife.
---
confession is good for the soul. Rest peacefully now that you have confessed your sin and say ten Hail Mary's.
---
oh


Found by Sera

No comments: